Academic advising is a critical step to achieving your Natural Resources and Environmental Science degree.
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor. Most students will schedule appointments through myUK. Other NRES advisors may schedule appointments in a different manner. If your advisor does not have any available appointment times on myUK please contact your advisor to make an appointment. If you do not know who your advisor is, check myUK, stop by N8-Agricultural Sciences Center North Bldg., or call 859-257-3468. You can also contact the NRES Academic Coordinator, Geri Philpott: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Study your course requirements and make a tentative class schedule to share with your advisor. You may use APEX to help you determine what classes you need to enroll in. This will make your advising appointment be much more productive.
- Meet with your advisor. Make sure to take a tentative schedule to your meeting.
- After advising, complete a registration worksheet (your advisor should have this document) and have your advisor sign it. You will not be able to register without an advisor's signature!
- Go to the Advising Resource Center in N8 Agricultural Sciences Center Bldg. North and ask the staff to lift your advisor hold. The staff will only lift the hold if the advisor has signed the registration worksheet. You will not be able to register unless the hold is lifted.
- Check myUK to determine when you can register for classes. If you cannot find this information, check in the Advising Resource Center. All students are assigned a 3-day priority registration window in which to register. If you miss this window, you will have to wait until everyone else has registered. If you miss the second window, you will have to late register during add/drop.
- You may register for classes using myUK.